|Home > All Tips > Windows
How to Make the Screen Fit the Monitor - Windows Questions and Answers
Linda writes in with a Windows question
Question. How do I get my screen to fit the computer?
Answer: It will depend on what you mean by getting the screen to fit the computer.
- If you have a laptop and the desktop is not filling up the whole screen then you will need to change the resolution to another setting that will work better with your screen size.
- First you should right click anywhere on your desktop and select Properties.
- From there go to the Settings tab and adjust the slider for Screen resolution up or down and hit apply each time after you do it to test it. Do one notch at a time. It should ask you if you want to keep the setting and if not then say no and it will go back to the original setting.
- If it’s not a laptop then you can try the same procedure or you may have to adjust the monitor settings itself. You should have controls on the monitor to adjust the height and width of the screen and can stretch it out using the controls.
- If you are referring to your background image not taking up the whole screen then Right click anywhere on your desktop and select Properties. From there go to the Desktop tab and under Position change it to stretch. This will make your picture take up the whole screen.
Distorted Monitor Problem
Back to the Windows Questions Index
Back to the Main Answers Page
Back to the Computer Help Home Page