Text editors are used for a variety of things from typing simple notes to editing scripts and html files. Windows comes with a basic text editor called Notepad that doesn't do much except edit text. If you need to do some more advanced features then you are out of luck and will need to use another program.
EditPad Lite is a free text editor that offers many features beyond your typical Windows Notepad. If you used a text editor for things such as HTML coding or writing scripts or batch files then EditPad may be your new program of choice.
Here are some of the features of EditPad Lite:
- Open multiple files at one time by using tabs
- No limits on the file size or length of a line of text
- Unlimited undo and redo feature/li>
- Ability to edit Unicode, DOS, KOI8 and EBCDIC code pages among others
- Specify print settings such as font, margins, and headers/footers
- Support for other languages
- Customizable interface
They also offer a professional version called EditPad Pro that includes all of the above features plus many more such as an integrated spell checker and hexadecimal editing.
Download EditPad Lite